Featured Post

Crochet Multiples

Many times while browsing for a crochet stitch or pattern, you will notice it tells you to chain a multiple of X number. You will ne...

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A new header for my blog

I came to the conclusion that I needed a new header for this blog of mine. I've been working on one for a VERY long time! I've been teaching myself how to use Photoshop to design things for our home and work with my pictures. My Mom taught me the very basics a few years ago and that was that I would be working on layers. Yes, everything is one single layer in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. I strongly recommend getting acquainted with this software if you have a blog or if you want to scrapbook your pictures digitally.  There's so much that can be done and there are soooo many templates that you can use online to help you arrange your pictures, uff! So fun!

Anyways, going back to the header situation...Here's what my very first header looked like (I know, pretty awful!)

Header - 2010 
Here's the second one:


I made this header long before I knew I could use .png files or draw some shapes on Photoshop. At that point, I only had Elements and that was about all I could do.  My favorite thing about it was the font. That's about it.

Let's see the third one:

I'm a huge fan of banners, paper and fabric banners. So I included one here. At this point I was also practicing how to use brushes. Not very successful, yet. (I'm still learning how to use them so I won't post any pictures of that at this time)

Header - 2011
Then, I decided I wanted something simple. (Okay, the truth is I didn't like how my work with brushes was turning out at all!!!). I got tired of the banner too.  The tag line was okay, but wasn't really me, yet.

Okay, so time for a NEW header. I needed something new because I didn't want to leave the space blank.

So I made a new header and took out crafting. Not sure why I did that....Probably it was like 1am when I made this one.
Header 2011
So earlier in the day, I made a different header using clipart from DigitButterfly.  I liked it, but it focused too much on sewing. I love to sew, but I also like to do other crafts as well. 


Header 2011
Finally, I changed up again and decided on a tag line, 'cruising through life, one project at a time.'  I'm much happier with it, because it really reflects why I craft. I craft for my children and our home. Each project has been planned thinking of a need that I have found in our home for it.

So, here it is.  It's very simple and it has the colors that I like.  Orange and teal, round - white font for the title AND  a tag line!  I even included a little bow, which goes along with the story behind my crafting.  I started making hairbows for my daughter when she was a baby. Soon after, I realized I wanted to make another million things as well!

What do you think?

How did you come up with a header for your blog? did you have someone design it for you?  How did you decide on a theme?
How many headers have you had since you started blogging?

Thanks for reading!

~Fabi
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...