- It includes some of my favorite ingredients,
- It's a very special dish that my Grandmother used to make for me when I was a young girl,
- It's a Chilean dish.
(BTW - Chile celebrated 200 years of Independence this past Saturday, September 18)
I seriously went to the grocery store and got all the ingredients in less than 20 minutes. Now that's a record for me :-) I walked into the store and headed straight to the produce section. I found the tomatoes and sorted through them until I found eight beautifully shaped tomatoes. I split them into two bags to make sure they wouldn't get squished along the way.
|notice how well the tomatoes made it home|
Fresh tomatoes (2 per person)
Canned Tuna in oil (2 cans to make sure we get a really amount of the fish)
1. Rinse off the tomatoes and remove the sticky labels.
2. Remove the stem of the tomato.
* This is what all your tomatoes should look like now:
3. Here comes the fun part - Scoop out each tomato.
|I used a knife to remove the center part and scooped out the tomato.|
|I started feeling like a Chef at this point :)|
|Stuffed Tomatoes with Rice|