So yesterday's dish was first of all dedicated to my family and to Chile and to anyone who loves fish.
Want to give it a shot?
1. Place cod in a bowl and season it with salt (i used sea salt) and black pepper.
2. Make some fresh lemon juice and add it to the fish. Let it stand while you continue making the other parts of the dish.
3. Melt some butter in a pan and add onions.
4. Add paprika or 'aji color' (it's a type of chile powder) to the onions. Cook until the onions are tender/soft.
5. Add peeled and diced tomatoes to the mixture. Mix well for a couple of minutes. Just enough so the tomatoes are cooked.
(It is Chilean tradition to peel the tomatoes. I've always been challenged in this aspect even though I am Chilean, ha! This time, however, I peeled the tomatoes in no time!)
6. Then use a clay baking bowl if you have one or a regular glass bakeware. Have the potatoes cut up and diced and make a layer of them.
|Clay Bakeware - bought at Los Dominicos|
8. Top it with the fish and bake at 350 for about 15-20 min. Just long enough so the fish is cooked. If you leave it too long, the fish and the mixture will dry.
10. This is my favorite salad: Lettuce with tomatoes and tuna. PERFECT salad to go with this dish!!!!
~ Have a great day!