[This recipe is from Martha Steward's website found here]
This is the deliciousness he made for me:
|Caramel Apple Bread Pudding|
Entry # 2
· 2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled and cut into matchsticks
· Juice of 1 lemon
· 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
· 1 day-old 8-ounce loaf brioche ---- (substituted with Hawaiian rolls)
· 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
· 3 large eggs
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
· 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmegCaramel Sauce found here
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees;
2. Place the apples in a separate bowl with the lemon juice in a separate bowl. Cut them to matchsticks or dice them into small cubes.
3. Butter the ramekins. We used 4 oz size.
4. Cut the Hawaiian rolls into small slices of bread.
5. Combine cream, eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
6. Begin assembling the ramekins:
|Place 1 TBSP of caramel sauce into each ramekin.|
Add 1/3 cup of apple into each bowl.
|Then 1/3 of the bread into the bowl|
7. Place the roasting pan on the center of the oven rack. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and let it bake for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and let it bake for another 20 min.
[Excuse the dark picture below!!!]
8. Use a towel to invert each of the ramekins to serve for your guests (or for your spouses!) Serve warm with remaining caramel sauce.
Ready to eat!
|Entry # 1|
Thanks to my Hubby for this delicious dessert on a really cold day!