I've become a tea drinker, yep. In Chile, I used to sit down with my Grandma to talk and so many times I ended up drinking her tea. I always thought hers tasted so much better than mine. Then I went through a coffee phase which lasted several years. Now I am a tea drinker again. Herb tea are some of my favorites because of their healthy value.
I have made this crochet tea bag holder / pouch to keep my tea in place in my purse. Ya know, I carry toys and papers that is soooo easy to misplace my tea. BUT now that is not happening anymore. Bravo, me. Now my tea is in one place ready to pull it out.
The holder is big enough that allows for several tea bags in it.
Here's my tutorial for the crochet tea bag holder / pouch.
ps: Thanks, Mom, for the super cute owl mug you got me last year. My daughter and I take turns using it because she likes it so much too.
Cotton Yarn - Lily Sugar 'n Cream
Crochet Hook G
1. Start with Chain 16
- Start with Chain 16
- Single Crochet (sc) on 2nd stitch from hook until the end. Chain 1 and turn
- Single Crochet (sc) until piece measures about 10in (or 25cm) Chain 1 and turn
- Single Crochet 6 stitches, chain 3, skip 3 stitches, single crochet the last 6 stitches. Chain 1 and turn
- Single Crochet 6 stitches, Single Crochet 3 stitches in the space from the previous row, this will create a buttonhole.
- Single Crochet all around your piece. Single crochet 3 times on every corner.
- ***Optional: If you want to embroider a word, do it now before sewing it together.
- Use the invisible hem stitch to sew it into a pouch.
- Sew your button and you are ready to go!
Another option is to cut out any shape of wool felt and glue it to the pouch.
Do you drink tea? What kind do you like?