Gallery

...

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

{Free Pattern} How to Crochet a Tic-Tac-Toe Board


Hi Friends! I designed a tic-tac toe board game for my kids so we could have it available at all times. It makes for a good quiet game to play with my daughter while the boys sleep.  We store the game in our school supplies cupboard that way we have it accessible to us.  I also like the idea of having a reusable board as we are saving on paper. 

Pattern:
  1. Chain 33
  2. Skip 2 chains and make your first Half Double Crochet on the third chain from the hook. Half Double Crochet all the way across.  Chain 2 and turn. 
  3. Skip the first Half Double Crochet and continue crocheting HDC all the way until the end of the row.  
  4. Repeat step 3 until your piece measures 9 in. or 23cm.
Once your square is complete, use  contrasting yarn to crochet the 'lines' with the Surface Slip Stitch. Moogly has a great video explaining how to do it.  

To make the horizontal lines:

From top to bottom, I measured 3in or 7.5 cm to crochet the first line.  
I crocheted the second line at 6in or 15.2 cm. 

To make the vertical lines:

I made the first line at 3.5 in or 8.8cm. 
I made the second line at 7.3 in or 18.5 cm 

To make the circles: 

I decided to make circles in green and yellow using the magic ring or magic circle. The circles are made on the round.  Make 4 circles in each color. 

  1. Using the Magic Circle -slip stitch, chain 2,  5 Half Double Crochet (5 total) Join with sl st at top of initial ch. 
  2. 2 HDC in each HDC (10 total)
  3. Work increases, meaning that you will do 1 HDC in the first HDC from the previous row, 2 HDC in the next HDC from the previous row and so on. 
  4. Repeat round 3
  5. Fasten off your yarn and weave ends. 
Note: In order to lay your circle flat, you can set a small towel on top of each circle and press a warm iron over it. This will help your circle lay flat permanently. 

Have fun playing with your kiddos! 

As always, if you make a tic-tac toe board using this pattern, I will love to look at your creation! Post of my picture to my FB page or to Instagram using #tictactoecrochet

See you next time! 

Happy crocheting! 

~Fabi 


Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...