Over the next two weeks, we are going to be making four projects (or more if time allows!) to mail to a chapter of Crochet for Cancer, Hooks of Hope, located in Eastern Pennsylvania. We have 9 bloggers participating and have compiled all of our best hat patterns for you to choose from to make your projects.
The Crochet-A-Long is open worldwide, but the contest is better suited to residents of the US and Canada, although anyone is welcome to mail a package to Hooks of Hope. Contest rules:
1. Complete the challenge by making at least 4 projects (or two large projects, like a blanket or shawl)
2. Mail your package to Hooks of Hope (address above)
3. Make sure your package is postmarked on or before April 28, 2014
4. All packages with that postmark will be entered into a raffle three weeks afterApril 28 on May 19 (to give time for all the packages to come in the mail).
5. The first package drawn will receive the grand prize from Red Heart. The 2nd through 5th packages will received handmade plarn bags with yarn goodies inside from Hooks of Hope!
My Merry Messy Life
- Moose Beanie - All Sizes
- Fox Beanie - All Sizes
- Lion Beanie - All Sizes
- Sugar Love Beanie - Baby Sizes
- Cheery Lime Adult Beanie - Adult Sizes
- Baby Boy Beanie with Pom Pom - Preemie and Baby Sizes
- Crochet Monster Hat - Toddler and Child Sizes
- Basic Single Crochet Beanie - All Sizes
- Basic Half Double Crochet Beanie - All Sizes
- Jake the Dog Hat - Child Size
- Blue's Clues Hat - Child Size
- Cute and Warm Beanie with Bow - All Sizes
- Holiday Hats - All Sizes
- Free Simple Single Crochet Beanie - All Sizes
- Bright Stripes Beanie - Child and Adult Sizes
- Walkabout Slouch - Toddler, Child, Adult
- Easy Preemie Hat
- Morning Frost Hat - Adult Size
- Country Appeal Hat and Matching Scarf - Adult Size
- Mystic Beanie - Adult Size
- Grammy Dirlam
- Cabled Hat with Brim - Adult Size
- Leaping Stripes and Blocks Beanies - All Sizes
Please Read the Requirements for Your Donation, per the Crochet for Cancer website:
· Must be new – never worn
· Clean – free of perfume, pet hair and smoke
· Placed individually in clear ziplock style plastic bags
· Soft yarn is best- cotton, acrylic, silk, fleece or a blend is best. Do not use wool or alpaca as they can irritate the scalp.
· We accept baby, children, youth, and adult hats.
· Please use patterns that do not have gaps or large holes. A tighter stitch is best so that it covers the scalp.
· Be sure to wash your hands on a regular basis while making the caps.
They also accept other items, which are fine if you want to use these instead for the CAL.
· Blankets (all sizes)
· Prayer Shawls
· Be creative, we accept any type of gift item to give to a person fighting cancer. For example, a crochet pink ribbon pin to support breast cancer awareness.
· Yarn, Yarn, Yarn!!!
· We accept gift cards to purchase yarn and supplies from the following locations: Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, AC Moore Crafts, Wal-Mart, and JoAnn Fabric.
Please Mail Your Package to:
Hooks of Hope
c/o Melissa Wortmann
P.O. Box 163
Neffs, PA 18065
We would still love for you to participate by donating your projects to your local hospitals or charities. Let us know what you're up to by sharing on our social media! (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram, etc).
The Fabulous Prize - $125 Worth of Yarn From Red Heart!
Here is the prize that Red Heart Yarn has graciously provided to participate in our event! The person's whose packaged is first received by Hooks of Hope AFTER the two weeks have ended 0n April 20, with 4 projects included, wins this prize package, worth $125!!
So, share the projects you've completed and are sending in on any of my social media and comment with what you'll be making below! Use the hashtag #CrochetForCancerCAL so we can follow each other!
Thanks, Sara for all your hard work in putting together this event. Thanks also to the fellow bloggers who are sharing their patterns and sharing about this CAL and giveaway.