Snails - Caracol
- What do you know about snails?
- Show pictures of snails: google 'snails' or 'caracol.'
- Talk about their bodies -
- tell them that caracoles or snails don't have feet. My kids, wondering what that would be like, threw themselves on the floor and pretending to move (arrastrarse) like a snail. Hehehe. I am pretty sure that was their favorite part of the lesson!!!
- caracoles have wet bodies - sprinkle water on their arms and legs and have them compare a wet arm with a dry one and which they prefer. Of course they said that having their arm wet made them want to go to the pool!
- Craft time:
- Make a snail: use a paper plate, cut up pieces of paper, and antennas. Have the child cut and paste the pieces.
- brush on a glue and water mixture (more glue than water) to make it shiny which will make it look like it's wet.
Also available on Amazon: (affiliate links)