Halloween has passed, stores are decorating for Christmas, and yet Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away! Grab your fabric, scissors, and sewing machine and get ready to make your turkey projects using these tutorials from around the web.
1. DIY Felt Turkey Crayon Holder - Skip to my Lou has a template and tutorial to sew a turkey crayon holder for your little ones using felt. Use it as a party favor for Thanksgiving or give to your students at school or sunday school.
2. Thanksgiving Place Card Holder - The NY Melrose Family has a step by step tutorial with a list of supplies needed to make a turkey place card holder. If desired, you can skip the name and use your new turkeys to decorate your home.
3. Turkey Embroidery Hoop Art - This project is great for a stash buster and for relaxing for the afternoon while sewing pieces of fabric to make a new piece of art. Thanks to Do Small Things with Love for this tutorial and the free template.
4. Turkey Puppet - Use felt or left over pieces if you have any and sew up some cute turkey puppets for Thanksgiving! You can also use this puppet for your homeschool or for your children to play and pretend to be little turkeys. Thanks to Frog Prince Paperie for the free template and tutorial.
5. Turkey Headband - Using a small amount of ribbon in different colors and some goggle eyes make a cute headband for Thanksgiving photos. You can also use ribbon to match a Thanksgiving outfit and ready for the party!
6. DIY Turkey Placemat - Use the template provided by U-Create Crafts and make placemats! I love that it has little pockets to place your silverware. How gobbly is that!
7. Turkey Placemat with Napkin Pocket - Here's another tutorial with templates for sewing a turkey with felt. It gives a 3-D effect to your placemat and you can use the little pocket for stuffing the napkin. How neat is this!
8. Turkey Shirt - Love from Texas was inspired by a few designs to make a new shirt using ribbon. I love how pretty this turned out!
9. DIY Shirt Collection - Need more shirts ? Here's a collection of FIVE patterns and tutorials to sew more shirts for this fall and Thanksgiving.
10. Stuffed Turkey - In a hurry and not much time left to sew? Make a no-sew stuffed turkey using fleece. If you don't have any on hand, print out a coupon to Joann's and get some. You'll need a small amount to complete this project!
Enjoy these projects! Let me know in the comments which you are going to try, post a picture to see your final project!
Like my FB page, Tales of a Crafty Mommy to get more ideas, tutorials, dips, and DIYs!