Featured Post

Crochet Multiples

Many times while browsing for a crochet stitch or pattern, you will notice it tells you to chain a multiple of X number. You will ne...

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hippo Crochet Lovey Blanket

The story behind this new blanket:

My husband asked me to make a special gift for his co-worker who is expecting their first baby girl. I made her a blanket using the granny square stitch and switched colors every five rounds.  (Other Granny Square blankets I have made are available here and here). The blanket has a hippo's head sewn to it.

I referred to the hippo as a 'she' until my daughter said 'she' needs a real name. 

Okay, sure. My daughter named her Melody the Hippo. Sweet. 

Melody has been made in lavender yarn - I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby. I also used yarn from Joann's in DK weight, Baby Soft. 

Melody is accessorized with two tiny bows made with 1/8" satin ribbon that I found a Michaels some time ago. 


Hope you like it! 






Happy Crocheting! 
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...